Friday, April 2, 2010

the beginning

So, i tried blogging a bit ago, but forgot about it so I now have a new blog and will work on writing in it. As with most personal blogs, this will be about my life (hopefully I won't bore anyone too much) and my knitting.

So I am 26 years old and living in Chicago. I am originally from New Orleans and moved here almost nine years ago to go to college. I have loved Chicago from day one "(could do without the bitter cold winters, but who couldnt) and pretty much can see my life here. I have been in a serious relationship for about ten months and I believe he is the one for me.
Now for my blog title.....I have been unemployed for almost four months and I am going crazy with it. I am not the type of person who can sit with nothing to do, I need a purpose in life. Only two things have gotten me through it...my bf and knitting. My bf has been a rock for me throughout the entire time. Losing my job was like a death for me. I worked with kids for five years and I miss it all the time. As for knitting, all I can say is thank goodness for my stash.

Right now I have two projects cast on my needles. The first is a hemlock ring blanket pattern. The other project is a she-knits mystery KAL (knit-a-long). This is my second KAL with she-knits and I love her patterns, they flow and are easy to follow.

Other than that, I have been enjoying the three days of great sunshine that are so rare to Chicago this time of year. As I lost my job in the winter, I was cooped in the house all the time. When the sun and warmth come, the bike comes out. Last summer I had some health issues going on so I didn't bike as much and I missed it so much. So the past few days I have been on my bike as much as possible and am feeling the pain associated with not having worked out in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment